Today is my Mom’s birthday. I will not mention exactly how old she is turning today, but I will mention fifty reasons why I love her.
Happy Birthday Mom! I wish I could be there to celebrate with you! I miss you very much and love you lots!! Here are fifty reasons why I love you!! (In no particular order)
50. For letting me sit on your lap when you were pregnant with Carrie.
49. For warning me that Dad was coming home when I disobeyed (and for spanking me too).
48. For making me get out of bed and go to church when I didn’t want to.
47. For packing notes in my lunch bag.
46. For encouraging me to continue when I hated 10th grade geometry.
45. For having fun with me growing up.
44. For being submissive to Dad.
43. For taking care of me when I was sick.
42. For coming to my basketball games and yelling really loud.
41. For reading books to me before I could.
40. For paying for college.
39. For yielding to God’s lessons through cancer.
38. For being so fascinated with Bible studies.
37. For discipling me when I was a kid.
36. For expecting me to do my best at whatever I did.
35. For picking me up from countless sports practicies.
34. For being willing to listen.
33. For working so hard at your job.
32. For always encouraging me after I preach.
31. For making me take piano lessons.
30. For letting Dad have a boat.
29. For warm welcomes at the airport.
28. For taking me to Bible studies led by Brantely Smith.
27. For letting me stay up late past bed time to read my Bible.
26. For not teaching while Carrie and I were young.
25. For holding me back one more year in kindergarten.
24. For giving me cash when I traveled.
23. For doing my laundry.
22. For always being willing to iron my clothes when I come home.
21. For taking me shopping when I needed clothes.
20. For cooking for us.
19. For taking me and Carrie to McDonald’s when Dad had to work late.
18. For bringing me water when I cut the grass.
17. For being supportive of my time in Australia.
16. For always knowing how to encourage others when they are down.
15. For letting God use your cancer experience to teach and encourage others.
14. For loving Dad.
13. For being humble.
12. For having a passion to serve in the local church.
11. For coming with us on my senior trip to New York.
10. For trusting God through trials.
9. For taking me and Carrie on walks in Jacksonville.
8. For taking us to get ice cream after school.
7. For walking with God.
6. For taking me to youth group on Wednesday nights.
5. For making me do my homework when I didn’t want to.
4. For exposing me to the gospel.
3. For going through all the trouble to send me the Vonage battery.
2. For big hugs.
1. For praying for me.
Happy Birthday Mom! I love you!!!!!